 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 7:25 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Recommendations of the new TM.org campaign

-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@...> wrote:

>  > From: sparaig LEnglish5@...
> >
> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" dhamiltony2k5@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Fairfield is fast becoming irrelevant to the new 'TM' as
Fairfield continues
> > > to show its 'vedic' pandits chanting Hindu-like
mantras in mass and a
> > > Fairfield community of TM.org sour old meditators
who won't come to
> > > the Domes to meditate.  To the extent that these
become distractions to
> > > TM out in the market place you'll see Fairfield
continue to disappear
> > > from the 'new TM'.
> > >
> > > Seems that Fairfield is become a TM PR pain in the rear.
Nablusoss being
> > > close to the middle of TM evidently has his finger on
this pulse too.  He is
> > > quite right.  Fairfield is becoming expendable as
 it gets in the way of the
> > > new TM.org marketing of TM more widely by
Roth and Hagelin.  Fairfield's
> > > getting Lynched as 'irrelevant' already,
> >
> > Yeah, that TV show exclusively about Fairfield that was done by Oprah
> > Winfrey recently was the final nail in its coffin....
>
> Ok, very interesting comment. Why do you say this, Lawson? I'm genuinely
> curious.

Share, I suspect that Lawson was being ironic, trying to suggest that
Fairfield was just as big and bouncy and full of importance as ever,
perhaps even more so now that Oprah's put it on the map.

I have to suspect that Buck's view is closer to the mark, and that
Fairfield, along with both the popularity and the liquidity of the TM
movement, went POP! some time ago. It's just that it's taking many
of its followers some time to realize this. Sorta like this cat:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224977_336816779725704_1684909762_n.jpg

I noticed that you didn't answer my question about the number of
people attending the latest TM Teacher Training Course that just
started. Is it more than 20, or less than 20?