> On Oct 28, 2006, at 12:29 PM, sparaig wrote:
>

> > perhaps because New Morning never saw it and chooses not to assume
> > that hearsay is true?
>

> Exactly the point: if you were never a member of the inner circle
> where all this was going on, you probably wouldn't have.

What great secret things were happing mid 60's to 71, what I termed
phase I, that I didn't see because I was not a skin boy? (And of
course being a skin boy, for the most part, was hardly inner circle --
as far as managing the movement.)

There seems to be some "blob labeling" in some minds, like "TMO was
BAD" -- which appars to greatly confuses some "delicate minds".  Bad
specifically how? And when?

Some issues, their "badness" and dates:

1) Taking money across boarders without paying taxes. The first
incidences Rick reports were early 72. At earliest last few months of
71. One of the Weiners caught crossing border with too much cash.
70's for busineses and individuals. Some laws are are simple bad laws
and are not adhered to much and much enforced. But I saw this fisrt
hand in May of 72. And told stories with wink and nod by the person
doing the transfer. So i was maybe 4 months behind the curve perhaps.

2) Sexual dalliances: occurance -- at least with Jennifer at end of 71
or beginning of 72 in Mallorca II.  Not that big deal, IMO. Did not
change my view of MMY or TM or TMO much. Did change my view on
"M-group" precursor to purusha. I heard specific stories in 77 or so
from a close friend who talked directly with someone who flew around
the country interviewing women about it. It was much more concrete
than rumor. Further solidified with skin boy e-mails of late. I know
or have been around most of the corresponders of those e-mails and
have a feel for thier personality types. I find some of the talk a bit
of good-old boy one-upmanship chatter. And some hints at smoking gun
stuff (pun perhaps). Jennifer (and Linda too i believe) have said the
skin boys got it wrong. Or at least not the full and real story. So
does MMY wear silk and have clay feet. Of course. Does that effect my
practice of TM, my experiences in TMO 67-71?  Emphatically no.

3) Organizationa blacklisting (for seeing other teachers, reading
books etc.) I saw none of this 67-71. Even for years after this, many
people had extensive libraries of stuff. No black listing of any
friends or acquaintances of mine in 67-71. Even for years later. I had
a number of esoteric books open on display in my room at MIU Santa
Barbara and FF Even 76-77 I finally read Autobiography of a Yogi on my
six-month course! It was openly passed around, along with lots of
other books, tapes of 1008 names of mother divine, open selling of
ruraksha and deer skins, etc. Such never affected any applications to
courses. It was never an issue.

4) Organizational broken promises and uncompassionate actions: I never
saw anything 67-71. TMO let people learn of what they could afford. I
know. I used to collect money on weekends  at a major center. Jerry
and company, from what I saw and experienced, went out of their way to
make things right -- in many things. Even through 77 I saw this.

When ATR was taken away in 78 I think, that was a BIG broken promise.
Things were changing. But this was 6 years after my rosy "phase I".
Into phase III, which i characterizer as much darker and harsher days.

I forget, what are the other reasons the TMO was BAD (to the bone) in
those days (Phase I 67-71. Even Phase II 72-76)

So during the Phase I that I experienced as an upbeat time in the TMO,
none of the four big bad things, above, even occurred (give or take a
month or two).

Its pretty funny that people who had not even been initiated in that
era (AFAIR) feel they KNOW what that era was like, and that KNOW
people who actually lived it are deluded. All because some events
happened (and probably not as they think they happened) some years
later. They can't even keep their timelines straight.

That said, while the TMO did not have Big BAD things above, happening
much or at all 67-71, it was a time of growth, of youthful initiatives
and planning, and a lot of inexperience and sometimes incompetence.
Frustrating at times. But not some grand master plot of doom.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: