Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry about Akira!
I remember when you joined the group because of her and wanting information about this horrible disease. I commend you for what you have done to make it an awareness situation where you live to let others know.
Just remember you have done so much for her and she knows it. She gave you the love and you did the same.
Once again I'm so sorry... :(
I pray and hope she gets well, if not she will let you know. I know how hard it is for you if something was to happen to her. It may not seem like it but that makes the fight harder when we do lose our beloved furbabies. I know from my experience I have done so much making people aware of this horrible disease in my community. I haven't stopped either. I know a few have been saved by euthanization.
I can tell you if it hadn't been for "Taz" I wouldn't be where I'm at today in pursuing rescues from all over the states and helping my community. We are never ready to lose them even though we know the time will come. That's what makes them special from other kitties.
You will be hurt, bitter, and angry but turn it into positive energy don't let the negative takeover.
You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I will light a candle for her in hopes that she will recover.
If you need someone to talk to please feel free to contact me. I'm here for you along with the others in this group to help ease your hurt.
Bless you....