Title: Message

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 3:28 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Spencer and making decisions (was my vet's office called)

well, I certainly understand your decision.  Oncologists are usually pretty optimistic, at least in terms of months, with treating lymphoma with chemo, unless there is something particular about the case and how advanced it is.  Are they pessimistic because he is positive, or because they think he is very advanced? Being positive does not affect response to chemo, but it does seem to shorten the length of remission in many cases.

I wish that I had done chemo with my two that I did not, but sometimes I wonder if I did too much with Simon, unless I focus on the few weeks of really good time that he had at the end.  There is no real answer. Whatever you do will probably seem wrong afterwards, as that is our nature.  If you are comfortable with the decision now, that is really all you can go by.

I would definitely not taper the dexamethasone unless you are going to start giving a shot of depo periodically as well.  If he is not getting chemo, then it is unlikely he will have more than a few months at most, which is when side effects from steroids normally set in if they are going to. So I don't think you should be worrying about that right now.

cancer sucks.

Michelle