on one of the pages yesterday when i was playing around, i got a page
that DIDN'T have the automatically filled in @yahoo.com sign-in page,
but it was after i'd just signed out.....

i think that people didn't have to have a yahoo id/profile in the
early days, but at some point they made it a requirement--and based
all their further "refinements" upon the assumption that only those
with yahoo ids mattered.

since we know that you CAN post to the group, why don't you ask how
folks without yahoo ids sign on? i know that on some of the lists i
monitor, most of the people from the old days without yahoo ids aren't
currently active, tho.....

and no, when you get a yahoo id, you do NOT have to have group mail
sent to your yahoo address. i never use my yahoo address for
anything--i have six or seven alternate addresses, depending on what
the topic of the lists are. once you get the yahoo id, there's a place
to set email preferences--you put in the email addy you want to use,
and go through a verification process (they send an email to that
address for you to confirm that you really want your group mail sent
there), and then that's where everything goes.

On 1/31/07, Paolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am probably going nuts, but now I am perfectly calm and I feel there
is something wrong with this, sort of I am going to panic because
I am not longer panicking... OK, later on this...

>i sent you an off-list email yesterday, with a link

MaryChristine, sorry I didn't see it, yesterday I was panicking...
I tried that link and it drives me straight to the usual "wizard" page,
nothing new unluckily...

>You can subscribe to yahoogroups if you want to, you just refuse to do it

Phaewrin, I tried *all* the links you provided me, but I assure you that
nothing worked... On the other hand, you are 50% right: I am not refusing
to create a new ID, simply I don't want to have that kind of Email sent to
*any* "webmail portal", because saving it on my local disk, merging
everything into a *single file* would be atrocious! I want it sent to my
regular account! BUT... I have just noted that many subscribers of Feline
Anemia have a non-Yahoo address, so meaning that IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

And so, in the page for creating a new ID
(http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4528/screenshotqo1.jpg) why the
"Yahoo ID" is pre-filled with the @yahoo.com domain? Is the "Yahoo ID" the
address where they will send the posts of that group, or not? So how did
the non-Yahoo subscribers to put in their address?!? I am confused...

Renee, thank you very much for the photo, it has been very helpful
(and Emily is beautiful, and has got some amazing paws, I always fall in
love with cats with large paws!!!)

Paolo

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!