I haven't marked this OT, since I imagine that a number of members do work from time to time in this field. If this is a misjudgment, I apologise.

I am currently working as an orchestrator on a film for Warner Brothers. They have a agreed to a rate of pay per bar (per page = 4 measures in American usage) but insist that they will not pay orchestrators anything for being at the recording sessions. They say they have never paid for that.

Has anyone got any experience of this, particularly in respect to Warner Bros?

Regards
John