On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:24:25 -0800, JD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> on 12/2/04 12:02 PM, A-NO-NE Music at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > So I tried to take the advantage of this.  I have eight 8th notes run in
> > one 4/4 measure, which I tried to copy to somewhere else starting at the
> > 'and' of 4.  I clicked the very fine end of the measure but paste
> > happened from 'on' 4 instead.
> >
> > What is the expected behavior?
>
> I don't think I've EVER been able to get Finale to take a source like that
> and paste it with ANY kind of rhythmic displacement.  It will associate beat
> to beat, but not beat to half-beat.  I just tried this and I could not get
> it to work.  Now it may be a different story with different time sigs.  I
> was using 4/4.

Partial measure selection is quantized to the beat. For example, 4/4
can only select durations consisting of full quarter notes. However,
if you temporarily change the target section to 8/8 instead of 4/4 you
can copy starting on "4 and" since Finale's beat is now an eighth
note. Then you can change the signature back to 4/4 and it should look
the way you want. Finale will not change notes that span beat 3 into
two tied notes, though, so you have to be on the lookout and change
this yourself.

--
Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]