I'm going to sleep now (it's 1.14 over here). More to (my) morrow.

Robert Patterson wrote:
Ficta or embellishments are my concern. Also how to read ligatures, although the particular example is quite simple. Also how to interpret dashes and dots over/by tones. My exposure is mostly limited to one medieval music survey course 25 years ago, so I don't have the advantages of many on this list.

But the biggest problem seems to be an embarassment of different versions. The PDF I downloaded from

http://www.cantoambrosiano.com/spartiti.htm

(Each line has the same music.)

Then there is a version in a javascript popup link at

http://interletras.com/canticum/Eng/Translation_Xmas.html

(Click the score icon to see it.)

This version does not match at all the version in the PDF, unless my reading skills are even worst than I thought.

Finally there is the incipit in HAM 120a. (Thanks to Dennis for reminding me to go and look there.) However, it seems to be yet different again from either of these other two.

The problem with the web is, of course, a dearth of citations. Or at least no accepted conventions for providing them, even if they are there. More than notation help, if anyone can offer guidance in understanding why the discrepancies exist, that would be a big help. All three are called "Veni Redemptor Genias--Ambrosian Chant" or something like that.