If I create a group containing all staves and then optimize out the non-playing staves, this "All Staves" group does not show up (I think because the bass staff is one of those that gets optimized out).

this should only happen if there is only one staff after optimizing and you have deselected "show bracket if group only contains one staff"; i don't get this behaviour.

If I create the group *after* optimization, selecting "mensurstriche" has no effect. If I select "mensurstriche" before optimization, barlines do draw between staves but other group barlines still get drawn as well.

your "all" still draws barlines across all staves. make sure the "all" and teh mensu staves don't overlap.

it *would* be nice to know whether this can actually be done in Finale. So far, I've had no luck.

yes, normally, but 2007 seems to have weirdness.

again, using your example, the upper staff of a mensu-defined group for me also has a barline through the staff.

i'll send you an example separately.

--

shirling & neueweise ... new music publishers
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] :.../ http://newmusicnotation.com