dc wrote:
Trying to add measures in a piece in Fin2008. So I select a measure, go to "Add measures" in the Edit menu, enter "5", OK, and nothing happens! Tried several times, including with only 1, and still no new measures. So, what am I doing wrong?

I don't know -- I just tried it on a default empty document and the 5 measures got added just fine.

Then I selected a measure and added 5 measures and they got added just fine, also. But this adds measures at the end of the score. Did you check there to be sure they were added?

If you're trying to insert measures, you need to go to Edit / Insert Measure Stack and it will insert the number you select in front of the measure you've selected.

Why we can "add measures" at the end without ever knowing what a "measure stack" is yet we can't insert "measures" we have to know that we really want to insert a "measure stack" escapes me. Either we're adding or inserting a "measure stack" (which appears to be Finale's attempt to remind us that it will insert a pile of measures in each staff of the score) or we're not. Why not have both the Add and the Insert called the same, since we are indeed working with "measure stacks" in both instances?

--
David H. Bailey