OT is a common abbreviation for Office de Tourisme, so I'm pretty sure that's what she meant. In any case, "ot" is not a word in French.

Michael

On 13 Jul 2008, at 14:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

The context is, when I asked about where I could get wi-fi internet
connection "tu peux l'avoir a l'ot"

I'm coming round to the idea that she means the Office de Tourisme and
couldn't be bothered capitalising or abbreviating, rather than using some
colloquialism.

I'll be seeing her next week and can ask but thought that one of the fluet french speakers on this list might be able to give me a more immediate
translation.

Thanks,

Lawrence

lawrenceyates.co.uk