Re. the bar numbers in parts, in the score I have bold condensed centred
numbers on the bottom staff of the score, for every bar (conductors LOVE
this).  This is in addition to the 'normal' ones on the left hand side of
the staff.

But obviously not in the parts, so I select the Measure tool, drag enclose
all the bold condensed centred numbers and then drag them way past the
bottom of the page in the part.

They are still there but off the page.  It doesn't take that long, though by
the time you're at Vln 1 in an long orchestral piece it is an F-ing drag.

Matthew