On 3/29/2010 11:40 PM, Richard Huggins wrote:
I was an editor for Word Music in the 90's and we credited the
engraver on the inside title sheet. They still do, as do similar
publishers.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:12 AM, dc<den...@free.fr>  wrote:

David W. Fenton écrit: In modern times, I don't think it's ever done
for commercial engraving, but for custom engraving I don't see any
reason why the credit shouldn't be there.

I have many modern editions with the name of the engraver - true,
they are all of early music, so perhaps they are following historical
models!

Dennis

I have often run across big band parts, mostly hand-copied, that used a rubber stamp across the bottom of the page (often, but not always the last page) with the copyist's name and contact info.

cd
--
http://members.cox.net/dershem/index.html
http://dershem.livejournal.com/