On Thu, January 6, 2011 1:35 pm, Eric Dannewitz wrote:
> Interesting. I bought graphire back in college in 97 I think. I used
> it once or twice for a few projects.....wonder if I still have the
> install stuff to get that font....

The font has to be reorganized for Finale character order, plus all its
characters have zero width and height -- that's how the author was able to
overlay them in Graphire. So it means going character by character,
re-ordering, reformatting for proper width and height, and fixing about a
dozen of the characters with flaws in their vector curves and points. It took
me quite a while to track down why a 16th note flag was ending up in the wrong
place in certain conditions. Turned out one of the points was off the map; it
didn't affect how the character looked normally, but screwed up its Postscript
placement. Anyway, it's my default music font in Finale now.

If you have the original install stuff and serial numbers (and it wasn't a
'clocked' version) then it will run on Windows systems up to XP (I don't have
Vista or 7, so can't check). Not sure how it works on Macs; if there's an
older emulation mode, then you can try it. If you had a dongle version, then
you may need to contact the guy with the authorized release codes if you have
any problems.

Contact me privately should you need that info once you get a successful
installation.

Dennis