Using the context menus requires some understanding, because the behavior
is not the same as assignments used to be: that is, it used to be that
assigning/removing in part view only affected the part. But with advent of
the context menu it has changed.

They may have given you good advice, but it is the kind of advice with my
computer hat on I would be skeptical of and give pushback on.