FWIW: I am finding ways to deal with all of these cues issues. As much more
laborious as it is (than having a separate file), the deal killer for me is
that special tools edits are not unlinkable (ties and beams esp.), and
there is no way to properly handle beams over barlines. For my current
project I have decided to live with these limitations, but for most of my
projects I am unwilling to do so.