Use the Contextual Menu (two ways, either in Selection Tool right click (or
control click in Mac) the time sig, or in the Time Sig tool right click the
first bar where you want it) and select "2/2 (beam as 4/4)" or "Cut Time (beam
as 4/4)". This will not change anything already entered, but from now on it
will beam 4 8ths together (assuming you have that option selected in Doc
Options>Beaming.) You can Rebeam (Utilities menu) to change things that have
already been entered.

Christopher