I'm going to pop in here just to say that I have had problems with 2014 that
make it unusable for me.  Two things continue to happen: Finale loses its
ability to undo, and I have navigation issues that seem insurmountable.
(Delayed response in horizontal navigation and then over shoot - impossible for
me to control and a complete deal breaker.)  MM support has been kind and their
best people have spent hours with me - even screen sharing, but in the end,
they don't solve the problems.  They have some of my files that exhibit this
behavior, so I assume they are working on it, but even in  what seems to me
should be frank conversation, they don't admit to the extend of the bugs.

I am surprised that no one else here has experienced similar 2014 behavior,
because I don't think my set up is unusual.  My engraver friends won't touch
2014, and I am simply counting it as wasted money and waiting for next year.

2012 does what I need, although there is room for things to be easier and
better.

My 2C.

Chuck

On Aug 6, 2014, at 7:19 PM, Raymond Horton <horton.raym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would keep using 2012, too, except for the occasional "won't insert
> measures" bug which is really frustrating when it pops up.
>
> Raymond Horton
> Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
> Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
> Composer, Arranger
> VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Mike Greensill <m...@mikegreensill.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Here's a quote from the Sibelius blog that makes me think their long term
>> plans are in the education and learning worlds and not the professional
>> musician world. I'm going to be hanging on to 2012 for dear life :)
>>
>> <<Andy Stephens is now chairman of both MakeMusic and Peaksware.Gear said
>> that “Andy made me aware of his investment in MakeMusic. His vision is to
>> build a broader company with a common goal around developing platforms
>> for deliberate
>> practice
>> <
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_%28learning_method%29#Deliberate_practice
>>> .
>> (
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_%28learning_method%29#Deliberate_practice
>> )  Andy asked me to re-imagine MakeMusic in the way we had built
>> TrainingPeaks.">>
>>
>> Mike G.
>>
>> www.mikegreensill.com
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Will Roberts <whrcompo...@fastmail.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Good evening friends,
>>>
>>> Big news out of MakeMusic today. What does this mean for Finale?
>>>

>> http://www.makemusic.com/documents/2014/08/makemusic-joins-peaksware-press-release.pdf
>>>
>>> http://www.sibeliusblog.com/news/makemusic-joins-peaksware/
>>>

>> http://tcbmag.com/News/Recent-News/2014/August/MakeMusic,-A-115-Worker-Co-,-To-Leave-MN
>>>
>>> Best,