It's a he, but yes, that's what he wants :-).

An old-fashioned score, and I would just replicate the same slashed notation.

sasha.weinstan...@utoronto.ca
cel.647-292-4605

On Nov 2, 2015, at 9:32 AM, David H. Bailey <dhbaile...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 11/2/2015 9:04 AM, Robert Patterson wrote:
> You absolutely can beam over a grace note, but it takes some fiddling with
> the \ key in Speedy on both the grace note and the non-grace note. Or you
> can use my "Beam Selection" plugin that makes it easy.
>
> I don't understand the question about the triplets-as-dotted quarters
> exactly. Do you mean 3 dotted quarters in the time of 2? This can be done
> easily using the triplet dialog.

What she means is that instead of writing triplet 8ths on the same
pitch, using the old-fashioned shorthand of writing a dotted quarter and
putting a slash through the stem to indicate the playing of an
equivalent number of 8th notes.

I don't know how to do it to achieve accurate playback, but I know what
she wants.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com