I suppose I’m the one not understanding now. You can’t enter notes with the
Measure Tool. Do you mean Speedy or Simple?

A “voicing” is Finale’s word for when you have for example two notes on a
single flute staff in the score, but have set up “rules” in the Manage
Part>Part Definition dialogue box so that only ONE note appears on separate
Flute 1 and Flute 2 parts. If it is set up to show only one layer, this could
account for the behaviour.

If you were to post this in the Finale Forum, you could attach a file and we
could take a look.

http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?c=1

Christopher