Well,

Thanks a lot for your wishes.
And apologies for the delay in response.

I can summarize the preparation needed to clear the exam as:

1) Livedocs is the bible of flex and one should go through it as much
as psbl before taking the exam.
2) Practising Flex 3 cookbook problems makes you more experienced on
the Flex real time problems. Thus it really helps in ACE exam as most
of the questions are asked regarding the practical situations like
runtime errors/response from a certain piece of code...etc...
3) You would find very few theoritical questions directly asked..so
practising is a must. Like for eg. One should know the difference and
the benefits of using a certain type of containers over the
others...and thats only possible if you create sample applications
using each of the containers and components.
4) For AIR related questions, learn as much as u can on the security
of the desktop applications and the file system usage.

All the best to all of you.
You may mail me in case you need more clarification on certain topics.

cheers!
Gaurav