From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:29 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] crimson.jar & flex runtime

Hi,

This helps a lot, thank you.

I do have an additional question. Our swf does make data service calls back to the server using AMF. Is there any possibility that the AMF gateway relies on an XML parser which could be in conflict w/ crimson.jar?

thanks, Laura

Hi,

Flex runtime means Macromedia Flash Player, which is totally client side. As you said, you have precompiled  swfs on server, I am sure there won't be any conflict by keeping crimson.jar. Once swf is delivered to client, it is run on client side(in Macromedia Flash Player). Only data service calls are made between client and server.

Flex compiler and Flex runtime(Macromedia Flash Player) are two different isolated entitity.

Hope that helps

-abdul