Umm... I think that's exactly what -load-externs is for.  I saw a post about
this on Keith Peters blog a few days ago... explains it pretty well.

http://www.bit-101.com/blog/?p=941

On 1/14/07, m2281m2281 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  In a large RIA which is primarily a back end application...

Would there be any problem with just using external linking for:

charts.swc
frameworks.swc
rpc.swc

Together they are approximately 2M and as far as downloading speed I
am not to concerned as the browser would probably cache these, but I
am curious about memory usage and if anyone has taken this approach.
It would certinally get the app file sizes down..

Thanks,

Mike