Hello to all of you.

I have just entered this group. I am quite new to those technologies (Flex 2
and ActionScript 3).

After reading some documentation I’m doing some practising and I have some
questions to this community.

1)       E4X query language:

I’m used to work with XPath for dealing with XML structures. I’ve tried to
do some (not very complicated) queries using E4X BUT it seems like E4X
doesn’t work the same way (and it is far from fulfilling the XML queries
needs). For example, given the following XML date:

<ROOT>
            <record>
                        <data>……….. </data>
<subject id=”c001”>AAAAAAAA</name>
<subject id=”c002”>BBBBBBBBBB</name>
<subject id=”c003”>CCCCCCC</name>
            </record>

<record>
                        <data>……….. </data>
<subject id=”c001”>AAAAAAAA</name>
<subject id=”c005”>HHHHHHHHH</name>
            </record>

            And so on…..

</ROOT>

Using an <mx:HTTPService  id=”idHTTPService”   ….   resultFormat=”e4x”>

And asking for:

idHTTPService.lastResult.record.(HYPERLINK
"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED])

this query only provides the record elements that have ONLY ONE <subject>
child AND has an [EMAIL PROTECTED] == c001”. I mean, the <record> tags with
more than one
<subject> children always fail.

-        Is this the correct behaviour?
-        How can I perform such type of query?

Thank you very much in advance.

Pedro