From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Amy
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:24 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Passing additional information into renderer

, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can customize the properties bag on the class factory to supply
more
> info to each instance.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that I should repeat the
folder information in each object in the data source. To me, that's
sort of a hack...it should be possible for the parent container to pass
this information in easily, like you can with an itemRenderer in a
Repeater.

Why is it that it is so much easier to pass information to
itemRenderers that are used in a Repeater? You can essentially tell
them anything you want. It seems like it is prohibitively hard to
cleanly pass data in the List type containers.

Thanks;

Amy