One difference, I am using VAC v3.12 (I never upgraded to v4.x -- am waiting
on the one from Phil Covington).

Rest of configuration is SDR-1000 w/Delta 44, PowerSDR SVN1602, Ham Radio
Deluxe v3.5 Beta, build 1605, Digital Master v1.1 Beta, build 1605, or
alternatively MixW v2.14.

PowerSDR is set for Input = Virtual Cable 1 in, Output = Virtual Cable 2
out, Auto Enable = Checked, Sample Rate = 8000.

DM780 is set for Input Device = Virtual Cable 2 In, Output Device = Virtual
Cable 1 Out, Default Sample Rate = 8 kHz.

MixW is set up the same as DM780.

Both DM780 & MixW are a working like a champ with the above settings.

Note, I am NOT using VAC as the default system sound card as suggested in
the document by Bob, N4HY, in the Flex-Radio Knowledge Base (sorry, Bob).
Otherwise, VAC Control Panel is set up as described in the Knowledge Base
article.

73, Ray, K9DUR