Roland wrote:

> And one thing more when I read the subject line which came across me:
> How many airplane developer will you loose if you remove the Nasal
> engine from FGFS because they can write Nasal code but not C++ code?

Didn't you realize that this is just one single person spreading FUD in
order to defend, well, actually ....  close to nothing !?

The point is: James is proposing to implement common, _fundamental_
logic and/or calculations in C++ and to offer a clean interface as part
of the Nasal API to let modellers build upon that instead of having
every model author wiring home grown code to achieve the same goal from
ground up.

Have you never seen people using 'function' libraries as an extension
to scripting languages !? Not every Perl, Python, PHP programmer (just
to name a few popular ones) is writing everything on the basis of
nothing than the scope of the API which is implemented in the core Perl
distribution. No, additional libraries are available which are thus not
only defining a consistent API over various platforms but also quite
often written in C/C++ in order to improve performance.

It makes me really upset when people are trying to set "development
guidelines" by posting willful disinformation.

Cheers,
        Martin.