On 25 Sep 2009, at 18:24, Edzard Egberts wrote:

> I read a lot of articles and tried a lot of different attempts, but
> nothing works. One of the hints told me to use "./configure --
> host=i686-pc-mingw32", but the option was not accepted ("configure:
> WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
> If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be
> used."). But I thought using configure could be a way to success,
> so I tried "./configure --help", also compared Linux to Windows
> configurations.

The fltk configure scripts are not cross-compilation aware, so
setting --host and --target don't really work.

The only things that the fltk configure script actually generates are
the "config.h" and "makeinclude" files. It is actually pretty easy
(trivial almost) to take the ones form your existing windows setup,
or even your linux generated ones, and tweak them by hand. The key is
usually just setting the paths in the makeinclude to point to the
correct tools.

Or, running an old XP image in Virtualbox or something, and using
that to carry the mingw win32 native tools.
Or, I have been told works (but have never tried...) is to run mingw/
Msys under Wine.

One of these options ought to work out for you, anyway.