Edzard Egberts wrote:

> 3. Konfiguration of wine regarding to libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll, see

Hmm, which version of gcc did your cross-compiler install?

That DLL is used to do exception handling and propagation (I think the
sjlj bit stands for "short-jump long-jump" or something) and is used
when you are using a shared libgcc, built using a 4.x series gcc.

As far as I know, the mingw core stuff stopped at around gcc 3.4.5
whilst they worked around this issue (that DLL is not needed with builds
using gcc 3.4.5) and I think that is the recommended stable option still.

For gcc 4.x they introduced this DLL, which you need if you link with a
shared gcc, but I am told that you can simply do a "-static-libgcc" in
your build and then you will not need the DLL (although what happens to
exception handling I am not clear about.)

 From gcc 4.4 (or thereabouts) I understand that they have switched to a
DWARF based object format, and that works around the need for this DLL
in some different way - I have not looked into this aspect at all however.

I still have gcc 3.4.5...

> MinGW paths and names, but for a more sophisticated cross compile
> environment it might be useful, to copy the tools and rename them to
> standard names like  "i686-pc-mingw32-g++" => g++

I wouldn't do this - too risky!
The long names are better, since they explicitly say what you are
invoking...