Thank you Hudson,

but I still can't make it working. Could you please take a quick look
at my example ?
here are my classess (one abstract and one conrete). I have more
concrete classess like Contractor, but didn't want to include for
brevity.

 public abstract class DictionaryBase : Entity
    {
        protected DictionaryBase() { }
        public DictionaryBase(string name) { Name = name; }

        [DomainSignature]
        public virtual string Name { get; set; }
        public virtual string Description { get; set; }
    }

    public class Contractor : DictionaryBase
    {
        protected Contractor() {}
        public Contractor(string name) : base(name)
    }

and the mappings:

    public class DictionaryBaseMap :
IAutoMappingOverride<DictionaryBase>
    {
        public void Override(AutoMap<DictionaryBase> mapping)
        {
            mapping.JoinedSubClass<Contractor>("Id", c =>
            {
                c.Map(element => element.Name);
                c.Map(element => element.Description);
                c.WithTableName(Inflector.Pluralize(typeof
(Contractor).Name));
            });
        }
    }

This creates me a correct table of "Contractors" with and Id, Name and
Description but also creates me "DictionaryBases" (which I get mapped
because of defaults of SharpArch (to look at every object that
dervices from Entity and apply to it set of conventions, such as table
name that is pluralized, etc). How can I exclude here mapping for
DictionaryBase ?
I took a look at mapping.Not - maybe this way, but I can't find the
way to succeed.
thanks once again,
Łukasz