On 25.02.23 22:55, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
but
should we really keep the option, if we don't even test basics and if it
was more a specific debug dump, from the looks?

It is always possible to add test cases if testing is required,
but I don't think this is necessary.  We also do not have test
cases for -fdump-fortran-original, which is also quite handy
and which can find a lot of bugs.

And yes, it is rather useful when debugging issues with global
identifiers, which are a bit special in Fortran.  As I wrote in
my mail when submitting the patch,

> While debugging it, I also put in an option to dump the global
> symbol table to standard output.  I have included this in this
> patch because I think this may not be the last bug in that
> area 😄

That hasn't changed, IMHO.

Best regards

        Thomas