I'm in the process of incorporating several image resources
from linux/win32 port to the beos port. Most of the time, I simply
grab the xpm files from the linux version and simply incorporate
them into my beos version. But, I don't know how I can convert
those .ICO files on Win32 to some format I can use on BeOS.
As far as I know, the linux source tree currently has no application
icons, so I need to use the Win32 icon files.

Are there any simple util that can convert .ico files to other
format like xpm/png/gif, preferrably on linux as I don't have
access to Windows machine right now. I've briefly searched
thru freshmeat.net but the ones I found I couldn't get them to
compile on a digital unix machine at work. I'll try building them
when I get home tonight, but if there's any defacto standard
tool for dealing with .ico files, please let me know.

--
Hiromasa Kato