On Tuesday 01 April 2008 15:30:26 Dieter wrote:
> Looking for a PCIe SATA controller.  Are the JMB363 or Sil3132
> any good?  Any limitations (including speed) or problems?

3132 PCIe comes in various flavors - 2xSATA or 1xSATA + 1xeSATA. I've used
both, under both 6- and 7- (although just right now my 31xx controllers are
all in my Solaris boxes). It's fine; the usual kind of throughput -- I get
around 80MB/s off of the four disks on my 3124 in another machine under 6.3.

Hotswap is a little tricky, at it requires an atacontrol detach and attach.

[ade]