04.04.2014 18:25, Bryan Drewery wrote:
On 2014-04-04 09:26, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
04.04.2014 14:05, Bryan Drewery wrote:
On 4/3/2014 4:26 AM, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
Hi all.

I'm all about automation. I'd like to automate most tasks so I can
schedule them or write a script with which everything would be done
automatically.

I have some difficulties with current port options framework:

1. Is there a good way to set/unset any option from command line
without
firing up dialog? Something like 'make -C port/dir -DSET=OPT1,OPT2
-DUNSET=OPT3 updateconfig'.

This should work:
   make ... OPTIONS_SET="OPT OPT OPT" OPTIONS_UNSET="OPT OPT OPT"
BATCH=1

I know but my target is to manage different machines with different
options remotely. I'm currently experimenting with sysutils/py-salt
and I found it already has required functionality in ports.config - I
can remotely update ports configuration without building them. The
given line actually doesn't change port configuration, it just makes
port behave differently in the current run.

Why I didn't like this is because it works only on current port but
not on the ports required by this one. Imagine you have a number of
_differently_ configured machines and you want to manage updates
remotely. Poudriere doesn't help as packages actually may very from
system to system,

Poudriere handles that situation fine.

You setup sets for each configuration you want. Your options can either
be in the /var/db/ports format or in a make.conf with
OPTIONS_SET/OPTIONS_UNSET/uniquename_OPTIONS...

   poudriere bulk -j JAIL -z SET

This will use:

   /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/SET-make.conf
   /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
   /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/SET-options

So with 1 jail you can build package sets for each target machine.

You can use poudriere options to configure these in the /var/db/ports
format which automatically creates the SET-options dir:

   poudriere options -z SET

Poudriere will rebuild packages when the selected options change or new
defaults are added.

That sounds interesting. Looks like I missed a lot about it, time to catch up. :)

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.