drivers.flp is your friend :) It happened to me, and I'm no fool!

Well, thats kind of the point of the problem. Drivers.flp isn't needed.
Sysinstall loads the 8139 driver from its base. The ATA drivers are
in the base, as well (of course), so the question is: why does the bug in
the 8139 driver manifest in a mishandling of the mounted file system?
This leads me to believe that the bug isn't 8139-dependant, but, something
rooted in the design of the interrupt code itself.
Don

"i want to be.. as deep... as the ocean"