         Planned Release: 2.5.2, 2.6.0, 3.0.0

From bug #24126:
> * It would be easy for players to pick the same leader name.
> ** This doesn't seem to be handled particularly well at the
> moment (player's nation/leader/etc choice is silently ignored).
This is because in my client, and the defaults, E_NATION_SELECTED messages
were entirely disabled. This means most people never see the messages:
* "%s nation is not available for user selection."
* "%s nation is already in use."
* "Please choose a non-blank name."
* "That nation is already in use."
* "Another player already has the name '%s'. Please choose another name."
* "Please choose a name containing only ASCII characters."
* "%s is the %s ruler %s."

None of these look like they're going to incredibly annoying to have on by
default (the last one is all you'll usually see). Some are errors that we
should show users. Some should never occur with well-behaved clients.

I think this was disabled in r10901
<http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv?revision=10901&view=revision> in 2005.