Also, what if the user has a partition which is utilized by another OS
but isn't crucial? (Linux swap comes to mind.) Yes, they can easily set
it back up again if they trash it with their FreeDOS installing, but in
a perfect world the installer would check the partition signatures to
see if they match up to anything important, even if there's no actual
files or filesystem.