On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:26:09AM -0600, Chris Parker wrote:
> At 10:23 AM 12/29/2003, Mike Horwath wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:19:56AM -0600, Chris Parker wrote:
> >> Dynamic linking on OS X is problematic.  Rebuild/rerun configure with
> >> --disable-shared.
> >
> >I have never heard of such a thing with 10.3...
> >
> >Care to pass out some pointers to your conclusions?
>
> Experience with it perhaps?
>
> Are you trolling or are you trying to postulate that dynamic linking
> on 10.3 is just fine?

I am no troll.

Just because you haven't seen me post here doesn't mean I have not
been reading messages in this list for years, or running an ISP for
more than 10 years.

I ask that question because I have been doing development using
different software under OS X now for over a year without a single
problem I could attribute to dynamic linking and shared libraries.

I have rebuilt 95% of my software under 10.3 without hassle or problem
including my own hacked up news server (based on Diablo) that is going
to go into production (part of a side business I have).  Of course,
this is far more I/O and bandwidth intensive than any RADIUS server :)

So, uhm, now that we have determined I am not a troll, are you going
to give more than a passing answer of 'experience' and provide some
details?  I would love to test out these theories and see what can be
done.

--
Mike Horwath           IRC: Drechsau         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home: 763-540-6815  1901 Sumter Ave N, Golden Valley, MN  55427