Alan:

Thanks for your response. I am quite sure you know the answer and I
appreciate your help. I will try to clarify my question:

Max_request setting in "radius.conf" is supposed to be the maximum number of
requests which the server keeps track of. It is supposed to be 4 * number of
clients.

In this situation what is a client:

(1) is it number of NAS being serviced by the RADIUS server -or-
(2) is it number of dial-in customers -or-
(3) is it number of dial-in ports which are serviced by a RADIUS server?

The RADIUS book by O'Rielly describes client as in Client/Server
relationship. If that is true, then Clients will be number of NAS on the
system. That does not make sense because one NAS (3Com TC) may have 10 HiPer
DSP cards and another may have 14. Therefore the number of maximum
connections might be quite different.

If clients are number of dial-in ports, then it makes more sense. However,
it is not clear anywhere in the documentation and therefore my question.

You have said that you do know the answer but you can't explain better than
the book. From my explanation above, I do not think the O'Rielly RADIUS book
explains it at all.

SO, PLEASE, enlighten me!!! What is the answer??

Thanks,

Kirti