Chet McNeill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have liberally spread DEBUG2 statements throughout the freeradius
> rlm_mschap module to verify that the correct data is being sent by PPPd
> and received by freeradius.  I extracted the MD4 hashing algorithms from
> PPPd and freeradius and compared their functionality -- they match.

  Give an example of a known clear-text password, and a known good
RADIUS packet containing an MS-CHAPv2 authentication, and I'll take a
look at it.

> The only reasonable conclusion at this point is that the hashing
> algorithms in freeradius are creating an incorrect response to the
> correctly supplied challenge and clear-text password.

  I'm not so sure.  There are a number of stages in the process of
turning a clear-text password into an MS-CHAPv2 password.  If the MD4
functions are OK, then something can still go wrong in one of the
other stages.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html