German,

I am currently working on something similar. I can't go into great detail because I am under NDA, however I can give you the general approach.

In Cisco VOIP aplications it is possible to do authentication via what Cisco refers to as AAA authentication. This realy does authenication to a radius server. Using freeradius with mysql, it is possible to include some custom attributes associated with the user that will be returned with the authorization query. It then should be possible from your Cisco TCL script to use those attribues and handle the call accordingly. Your backend systems could then simply update the mysql database for realtime updates.

Look at the Cisco web site for information on TCL and writing IVR scripts. There is some sample code and applications there as well that should help.

Also look at the mysql db schema and sql.conf that is included in the freeradius dist and if you havn't already, pick up a copy of the radius book from O'Reily. This will start to give you an idea of how flexable the integration is, and how you can massage the sql queries to get the custom attributes.

Hope this helps.

Robert Causey
iMedia Associates

German Viera wrote:
Hi everybody,

    I have been working with free radius for a while and I think is one of the most
usefull open source radius servers arround.
Right now I am just logging accounting details for a VoIP platform, also making auth
to users (both with the text detail and users file.) My questing is if does anybothy
of the freeradius communy implemented or is implementing a real-time prepaid service
for users. If don't I would like to know if somebody could give me some tip to code an
application that receive the RADIUS logs of auth in order to response with the
availability of time,  depending on the dialed number (I am using cisco AS5300 ..and I
think some VSA have this items) also that updates the time left in the users file .

Hope somebody could give me a hand on this ,

Regards,

German Viera
Montevideo Uruguay