At 10:04 AM 1/9/2004, Antoine Cavalié wrote:
Hi everybody

Two NASes send packets to my freeRadius 0.9.3

One sends old-style X-Ascend-... lines
The other sends new-style Ascend-... ones

I would like to have freeRadius work correctly for both

My idea is to have freeRadius translate packets as they come , so all
packets only contain new-style lines but I don't know where to implement
that translation
rlm_attr_rewrite.c ? rlm_attr_filter.c ? elsewhere ?

Any idea will be greatfully appreciated

You'd best handle this with a custom module. rlm_attr_rewrite will rewrite value data, but what you want to do is toggle the attribute number.

Alternatively, if you just want them to look the same in the detail, then
you could edit the dictionary entries so that the VSA attributes are
listed first, and then change the non-VSA attributes to remove the 'X-'
at the beginning.  It is important to put the VSA attributes first,
so that if you specify the attribute by name, the VSA entry is
returned on the dictionary lookup.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net