This is the second person I've seen complaining about not being able to
send Framed-IP-Address attributes to what look like 802.1x clients.
I've never seen ANY indication that 802.1x/EAPOL supports the Framed-
attributes (except for Framed-MTU).  It's not part of the spec.  You
HAVE to use a DHCP server to give the client a layer 3 address.  If
you're trying to give the client a static address, give him a static
assignment in your DHCP server.

The only thing I can think of that even has a remote chance of working
the way people are trying to make it work is some sort of vendor
extension to the AP/switch (EAP authenticator) that takes the Framed-*
attributes and uses that to respond to the client's DHCP requests
subsequent to successful authentication.  It's an interesting idea, but
is it truly implemented somewhere?  Or, am I just missing something?

--

--Mike