I'm trying to get freeradius to authenticate against a kerberos v5
server and can't seem to get very far. The machine I'm using is running freeradius on under netbsd version 1.6.1. I've successfully gotten freeradius 0.9.1 to do normal radius authentication against the unix password file. But now would like to move up to freeradius 0.9.3 and would like to start autheticating against the kerberos server. I'm trying to run configure (from v 0.9.3 tarball )with the following options :

--with-rlm-krb5-include-dir=/usr/include/krb5 --with-snmp=no options

Which results in the following messages being printed on the screen :

configure: warning: snmpget not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may not work
configure: warning: snmpwalk not found - Simultaneous-Use and checkrad.pl may not work
configure: warning: ****** BSD Style gethostbyaddr might NOT be thread-safe! ******
configure: warning: ****** BSD Style gethostbyname might NOT be thread-safe! ******
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_counter.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires: libgdbm.
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_ippool.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires: libgdbm.
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_krb5.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_krb5 requires: krb5.
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_pam.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_pam requires: libpam.
configure: warning: iodbc headers not found. Use --with-iodbc-include-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'iodbc' disabled
configure: warning: mysql headers not found. Use --with-mysql-include-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'mysql' disabled
configure: warning: silently not building rlm_sql_postgresql.
configure: warning: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql requires: libpq-fe.h libpq.
configure: warning: oracle headers not found. Use --with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'oracle' disabled
configure: warning: unixODBC headers not found. Use --with-unixodbc-include-dir=<path>.
configure: warning: sql submodule 'unixodbc' disabled

The thing about this that bothers me is that this server is able to do kerberos v5 authentication of logins right now and I can successfuly run kinit, klist etc, so the server is certainly kerberos capable. What is
do I need to do to make configure stop complaining about not having krb5 ?
Dave Schrader

--
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent and reboot.