-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McDonald,
David
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 1:10 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: new and old question

I know it has been asked before and it is probably in the list somewhere.
But what I need is step by step instructions on how to setup freeradius on
Mandrake9.2 to auth users of our wireless system just checking MAC
addresses(as users). I don't know the best way to set it up using the text
files. But what I have so far is the install of freeradius plain(no sql or
db) and the wireless unit Orinoco ap 1000. I know I can setup the
orinico...I just need to change the authen password for the radius server
but where do I put that in(on the radius). and I can change the auth Port
number currently 1812 but where do I change it on the radius or do I change
the port on the Orinoco and to what? As you can see I am a newbie on the
radius.. also I need to know what to change in the text files of the radius
server and how to enter the mac addresses on the server. I have about 15
wireless units in the school district. The documentation does not mention
anything about MAC Authen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks D

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html