Hello List:

Consider me a newbie to both LINUX & freeRADIUS.

Currently, I am running a RH6 server "taos", with about 200 users. Users
dial-in into an ARIAL-4200 modem bank (modem bank is a card in this server)
which in turn authenticates their UID/PW (I think it is PAP authentication).
I add new users by using the standard RH add user screen and I can see that
UID/PW information is in "/etc/passwd" file. I hope you get the picture.

Now I have setup "rdx" (RH9 & freeRADIUS-0.9.3) server  and tested it by
adding couple of users. I am trying to figure out a ways to authenticate the
current users on new server. I have considered the following:

(1) Manually, add each UID/PW to "rdx" for authentication,
(2) Manually copy "/etc/password" file from "taos" to "rdx", or
(3) Direct freeRADIUS server "rdx" to "taos" to authenticate UID/PW.

I prefer the (3) method. So my question: Is it possible to setup a
freeRADIUS to look for UID/PW in another server to do authentication?

Thanks.

Kirti

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html