Hello,

I need some help for EAP/authentication: I use 3com 4400 whit 802.1x as AP to authenticate users.

It works fine with this users file configuration (freeradius 0.9.3):

default        Auth-Type == EAP, User-Password == "test"
                 Exec-Program-Wait = "/root/script-radius"

so the EAP authentication is ok.
With the external program "script-radius", I made a sort of authorization: from the User-Name attribute the script takes both username and password to query an external database.
If it returns ok ("0) the user is authenticated, otherwise he isn't.

What I need is to port this mechanism into the authentication part of EAP: I would like to pick up the cleartext password for EAP from an external program.

I have seen from the list that this is possible with LDAP, but I don't know if (and how) it is possible from an external program.

Thanks a lot

Gianfranco Ferrini
University of Florence