From: "stenmark " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: FreeRadius, MySQL, and custom attributes

> Sorry to cause you so much trouble Alan, I was not making myself clear
before (which made me look really stupid).  Basically, I was asking you to
hold my hand a little bit so as to give me a hard push in the right
direction.  You gave me a lot of useful information (that I'm sure you have
repeated numerous times on this list).  Thanks Craig for the INSERT INTO
command; it was the push I needed, everything makes sense and it is now
working correctly.

> For some reason, I was not making the connection that I only needed to use
the radreply tables; that was my problem.
> I did not know how to put a vendor attribute into the reply (and obviously
you just use the radreply table and the authorize_reply_query does the
trick).

> I did not understand how to put the attributes into the reply.  I did not
mean to try and make a new custom query (I was thinking that this one I was
adding was going to be recognized because of the information located on a
website).
> I was trying to use this page to help me set this up; and someone had also
given me a link to this page saying this is what I should do.
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-radius/2004-02/msg00038.html
> I wasn't sure if this website was right or not (since it said gnu-radius),
but since someone else (two people actually) had told me this is what I
should use, that lead me to belive this website was correct.  I now know
that it is not correct.

> To conclude, I now have figured it out (mainly with Alan DeKok, Craig
Green's), and it all makes sense (as I look back at the trouble I was having
and look at the answer, the word "DUH!" comes to mind)

> Thanks again for all your help and for helping everyone else on this list.
I now understand.

> Evan Stenmark
> FreeRADIUS newbie

> From: "Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:05:03 -0400
>
> >"stenmark " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> So can I put this new attribute in the radcheck table?
> >> the Attribute name is Slipstream-Auth and it's value is slip(True/Null)
> >> Is this new query correct?
> >> reply_attr_query = "SELECT id,UserName,'Slipstream-Auth',slip,op FROM
radcheck WHERE username='%{SQL-User-Name}' ORDER BY id"

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html