Thanks for the quick response. With failover, would you be able to detect if a user exists in the users file, but the password doesn't match? I'll grab the CVS tonight and check it out.

Thanks again.

Dan

Alan DeKok wrote:

"Daniel W. Halverson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm currently using a DEFAULT entry to fill out our standard reply items. I would like to have a different default entry to be used when the username exists, but the password is incorrect, and a third to be used when the username doesn't exist.

You can't do that in the "users" file. It's processed during authorization, where it doesn't know if the user exists, or if the password is invalid.

 See doc/configurable_failover.  (Try the latest CVS snapshot, it's a
little easier to understand).

You can say things like:

look up user in module foo if notfound, look up user in module bar

 You'll need multiple copies of the "files" module, but you should be
able to get it to work.