Alan DeKok <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> "Shah, Nishant B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am sending an authorization packet from radclient with vendor specific
> > attribute:
> >     Cisco-AVPair="ip:xxx"
>
>   Ok... I don't see why, though.
>
> > RADIUS server authorizes the user
> > with access-accept packet with Cisco-AVPair="ip:yyy", which confuses me.
>
>   That's probably what you told it to do.
>
> > Because in the users file on server side I have Cisco-AVPair="ip:yyy"
>
>   There you go.  You told it to send that response.
>
> > and I send request with Cisco-AVPair="ip:xxx". I am confused about
> > vendor specific attributes treatment by RADIUS.
>
>   There's nothing special about vendor-specific attributes.
>
>   You're getting confused because the reply isn't a copy of the
> request.  It's not supposed to be.  The problem is in your
> expectations, not in what the server is doing.
>
> > Also, I have one small confusion about vendor specific
> > attribute.What exactly RADIUS server does if vendor-specific
> > attribute is recieved in access-request packet.
>
>   It does lots of things.  Do you have a more specific question?
>> YES I DO HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTION.
   AS FOR EXAMPLE, If the user sends a packet with Cisco-AVPair="ip:xxx"
attribute and Cisco NAS is using RADIUS for authorization, what does RADIUS
do besides authorization. I mean to say does it send any special attribute in
access-accept packet to Cisco NAS so that Cisco-AVPair's value is used in
NAS.If I am not misunderstanding, RADIUS authorizes the user with password
only and not with vendor specific attribute in the packet too.

>   As a general answer, the server treates vendor-specific attributes
> just like normal attributes.  There really is no difference between
> the two, except which dictionary file they sit in.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Nishant Shah